During LE2, that has always been in the back of my mind. It seems like everything we did could be used for everyone. Which is why I often wonder why do we bother specifying certain technology for Special Need students? The only thing that I could think of is funding. Because it is "necessary for some", those should have priority over the rest. If we take money out of the equation, everyone would have their own personal device that allows them to learn effectively. This device could be different depending on their learning style and what is needed from the curriculum.
The picture above shows a beautiful futuristic classroom, but is that an ideal place for learning? I remember watching this video during my interview and thinking to myself how unrealistic it was. I'm not talking about the technology either. If I have a classroom filled with future Computer Engineers, this would be perfect. But we have to keep in mind that not everyone learns best with technology. So going back to the original quote, I'd like to change it to Necessary for some, not necessarily good for all. We are in the age of differentiated learning, while Technology is a great learning tool, we have to remind ourselves so that we don't turn it into crutches. We can't just hand everyone an iPad and expect them to magically learn. If it was as easy as that, we would all be out of a job.
No comments:
Post a Comment