Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Reflection LE 2.10 #2 (SAMR Model)


The SAMR Model helped me classify some of my lessons/activities/projects and also allowed me to set goals in improving them. I also look at this model as a growth spectrum.  Most of us start off by using technology as a substitute. (e.g. Microsoft Office instead of pencil and paper) Then we find out new features such as spell check that improves the experience. Learning from our new discovery, we go back and redesign our lesson to integrate some of the new features. And at the end, we have created something totally new. In the future, I'd like to look deeper into this model and further improve my teaching.

From our class discussion, I realize that everyone is at a different point on their journey in Learning Technology.  Technology is changing every day, and we are all learning new things.  For me, it gave me an opportunity to help solve some of the problems and issues that may show up when I bring in some of these new programs to my school.  It is truly amazing to work with people who appreciate technology and willing to learn together.

1 comment:

  1. I've read so many comments from your classmates which relate to the SAMR model. I add ed this part to the course 2 days before we started and I'm glad I did so. It's been a focus point for many parts of the course. Love your infographic! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete